Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hello all

Hello all. I have finally given birth to Jonathan Lee (3.1kg) on 22nd November 2009 at 10am. Both baby and mother are fine.

Never knew that I could give birth naturally but assisted with vacuum and best of all without epidural. Fantastic isn’t it? I would say the Power of prayers, thank you Lord. I had quite a short labour. 6 hours the nurses told me. I got admitted into the hospital at 3am. I took my time with admission as I didn’t know I could dilate so fast. I even had a slice of cheese bread and a cup of Milo before hubby drove me to the delivery suite.

Once I was in the delivery suite, I was told that I have dilated 3cm and that my contractions are pretty good and regular. By then, I was feeling very nasty pain at the back and I asked nurses to give me. I think they gave me Pethidine. So I slept a little. Soon after, a nurse told me that my doctor is on leave till the evening and that another doctor would be taking over. I didn’t complain that much as the replacement doctor is a very good and an experienced doctor.

A 8:45am, doctor came to check on me and break my water bag. He noted that baby has already passed motion inside and he quickly asked the nurses to put a drip on me. Then, my nightmare started. The contractions were so strong and painful and I couldn’t take it anymore. I asked for epidural and was told by the nurses that I have already fully dilated and it’s too late for epidural and the anaesthetist wouldn’t be able to make it on time. I was the only patient in the delivery room that morning and all the nurses in the delivery room were there with me. So, I had a lot of moral support. Hubby was so smart to stand at the top left hand side of my bed and he didn’t get all those clawing and what not from me. Poor nurses. To compensate for my bad behaviour, I bought them Big apple doughnuts. Teeheehee.

Let’s just say, it wasn’t a nice scene with me pleading with the doctor to knock me flat out for c-sect. The doctor on the other hand was cool as a cucumber and told me, “Yes, my dear.....I am helping you...just another push....just one more...nurses....set the bed higher...ask the husband to hold her head....come on..push....I can see the head...just one more time, and the baby will be out...” which was true. I only push three to four times and baby was out at 10am.

I saw baby looking a wee bit like UFO as he was slightly blue and crying. Then nurses started clearing his airways and asked hubby to go out with them to the observation room for baby. Doctor then stated to stitch me up and talking to me. I thought I heard him humming while stitching me up.

After the stitches, I was given a sponge bath. Nurses told me that I was so lucky that my doctor was on leave. As I would have been scolded by him for requesting for c-sect and doing what I did at the delivery room. *Blek*

The doctor even spoke to my dad and Jennifer as he left the delivery suite. He said, “The baby was very naughty, he was not facing downward, and his hands and legs were facing upward in a position like he didn’t want to leave the stomach. So, I have to use the vacuum to coax his head to move into the right position.

I was wheeled out to the labour ward at 11:20am. There, dad and Jennifer were waiting for me. Baby was put into a warmer and he was only let out to see me at 1pm.

Baby is so small and he has got my eyes, hubby’s nose and lips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home